Turning, airing, aligning and jogging…
- All types of machine boards and pallets can be used, including Heidelberg trolleys.
- A complete pile can be turned in just over 1 minute, saving valuable time on work-and-turn or work-and-tumble jobs.
- A pile turner is also invaluable for turning work to present to the folder or the laminator.
There are considerable advantages to airing the piles before printing:
- separating sheets to minimise mis-feeds
- removing paper dust
- conditioning the material, where temperature and humidity vary
A faster turnaround can be achieved with the use of a pile turner:
- ink and varnish dries more quickly after airing
- surplus spray powder is removed (essential when sending work for lamination)
- airing helps to neutralise taint and odour in food packaging from the UV process
The aligning gauge acts as the side-lay, and can be set to whichever side-lay each press is running. The pile is then aligned to two straight edges.
If needed the aligning gauge can also be used to centre piles on larger-sized pallets. Perfect alignment of paper and board is achieved.
Perfect alignment results from jogging and airing in the tilted position (15°), even where the pile has moved in transit or been badly-delivered.
When used with airing it is possible to remove single sheets of 80gsm paper from the middle of the pile – when it is in the horizontal position.